Thanksgiving is just around the corner and many of us are eagerly looking forward to having a meal with our loved ones. But this year, things are a little different and require that we take some extra steps to keep ourselves and our loved ones safe from COVID-19.
If you are planning to host a meal at your house this year, here are a few ways that you can make sure that everyone leaves with a full stomach and stays healthy.
- Opt for outdoor spaces rather than indoors where it is possible. Grab some portable heaters for the colder weather and bust out the firepit, not only will you have extra ambiance but with the open air, there is less chance of spreading germs
- Stagger arrival times. Rather than having everyone arrive at once and create a large crowd in the entryway, have people arrive in intervals so that everyone can get settled without compromising social distancing guidelines
- Designate spots in advance. Clearly mark where each person will sit so that there isn’t any confusion as people are trying to find their spots and to make sure you have enough space between everyone.
- Create supply areas. Designate specific spots for hand hygiene, extra masks, tissues, and so on. Make them easy to see and use your holiday décor to spruce them up!
- Most importantly, pay attention and ask guests to do the same. If you aren’t feeling well or have any symptoms, please refrain from hosting and asks guests to stay home if they feel unwell or have been exposed.
We hope these tips prove to be helpful in planning your holiday get-togethers this year!