Intensive Outpatient Program
Scottsdale Mental Health and Wellness Institute (SMHWI) is very proud to announce the first of its kind Intensive Outpatient Program that is specifically aimed at assisting individuals with mental health issues and substance use disorders in a multifaceted manner to expedite, facilitate and enable healing in their lives.
The program runs three hours a day three days of the week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) for a total of 6 weeks.
Our approach focused on the nuance necessary to both quicken the process and maintain growth gained.
SMHWI process relies both on psychiatric care through medication and on the development of coping skills, insight and strategies found in a psychotherapeutic approach. Our program combines both approaches in an intensive time-frame to maximize outcomes, maintain gains and speed up the process to reach maximum medical improvement.
- Understanding the problem and gaining insight
- Managing stress, emotions and thoughts: understanding connections of thought and emotion
- Seeking goals, purpose and meaning: set goals, limiting limitations, and finding purpose
- Getting back to life, going back to work and being successful, along with social skills training
- Dealing with and growing from change: finding joy, adopting growth mindset and mental resilience
- Maintaining gains: developing grit, accepting difficulties