Many people may experience depression, anxiety or other mental disorders or need help coping with a serious illness, losing weight or stopping smoking. Others struggle to cope with substance abuse or other issues. Whatever the issue, individual psychotherapy applies scientifically validated procedures to help people get free from the negative impact of their issues on their mental health.
Psychotherapy works by establishing a collaborative relationship between the individual in treatment and the psychotherapist. There are many psychotherapies and these can be used depending on the nature of the problem a person has.
SMHWI psychotherapists are well versed in many psychotherapies including:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Person Centered Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Narrative Therapy
- Adlerian Therapy
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Mindfulness Based Relapse Prevention